Friday, October 14, 2011

Khwabon ke Parindey

I wish I could think or write like a poet….or atleast I wish I could pen down a few lines of poetry whenever I wanted to or felt like …not that I have ever aspired to be one…just that off late I have been understanding and learning to appreciate the miraculous manner in which poets can join words into a beautiful flow, giving rhyme and rhythm to their sequence of thoughts…to compress their ideas to a few lines which touches us so easily… 
And there is always the other side…usual convention is that girls like d macho guys …. Girls somehow also swoon over even those few chalta hain type of poets….

 WTF…I always found poetry boring and an utter nuisance in school…never could understand a single line of what the poet meant (not sure whether i even cared what (s)he meant?); but I was expected to quote those lines in my English and Bengali exams…yucks…and now i feel inadequate to write a few of those lines which I always hated………life can change you…or watevah… but somehow it also makes you wish you were much much more that what you are….

 Possibly one more flaw of our education system is, it make you fail to understand and appreciate the good things in life… or possibly when you are in your teens, you are too immature to comprehend these subtle nuances, considering your interests and priorities are quite different at that time… but then life has its own balancing act for our own human frailties.... till I learn to understand them…i guess I will continue to feel a bit poignant with my own inability…

Leave you tonight with these lines from the song khwabon ke parindey- no guesses who wrote them am sure…

Ude, khule aasaman mein khwabon ke parindey
Ude, dil ke jahaan main khaabon ke parinday
Oho, kya pata, jaayenge kahan….


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...drop me a note here..