Sunday, October 9, 2011

Making of my life...

Was watching Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara today for the second time and was touched with this piece of poetry at the ending.. a little bit of googling tells me that Javed Akthar has penned it (ofcourse-who can can write such beautiful stuff?)....check it out:


Dilon mein tum apni
Betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Nazar mein khwabon ki
Bijliyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Hawa ke jhokon ke jaise
Aazad rehno sikho
Tum ek dariya ke jaise
Lehron mein behna sikho
Har ek lamhe se tum milo
Khole apni bhaayein
Har ek pal ek naya samha
Dekhen yeh nigahaein
Jo apni aankhon mein
Hairaniyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Dilon mein tum apni
Betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum

A few months back i was undergoing a dilemma about my life on similar lines...I have always wondered  what i wanna achieve in life...and like everyone else with time my answer keeps changing...however, one thing i realized is that i want to experiment..its my life..and for some reason i dont want it to be the boring corporate types i was leading...i needed a change and a fresh new perspective to it...

I have always been interested in working in the social sector (not that i am too fond of the term "social")...and I came across an opportunity to experience this sector first hand through a Fellowship program i got selected into...I was scared...believe me... quitting a job which I enjoyed and absolutely loved doing was not the exact plan i had in mind (but honestly i dint have any plans in mind)...

Somehow i made the decision and here I am... 2 months down and i am absolutely cherishing the experience so far....With hindsight now i think i should have done this earlier...the freedom, the flexibility and the passion with which i manage my work now is incredible...

Finally, i think i am knowingly or unknowingly breaking away form that cocoon in which i had isolated myself...i can feel it..i know it deep inside me....and it helps...possibly staying and working with the grass root people disciplines and humbles you a bit ... 

I was always impatient at heart... but finally I am seeing those dreams which urges me forward each day....
finally, i am learning to live life like the free waves of wind which the poet talks about...to receive every moment in life with open arms and view them as new opportunity and new beginnings...

I can possibly safely say "Zinda hoon mein"...so don't just count me out...not just yet...

1 comment:

  1. kudos to MR.. :) for the first time i am saying .. u rock bro \m/

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think...drop me a note here..